There are many considerations to consider when choosing the right window. Investing in replacement windows involves much more than browsing a showroom or picking out your favorite design and waiting for a crew to install them. It is important to know the factors that can influence the final cost of your window replacement.
Methods to replace windows:
There are two (2) methods to replacing windows.
- The insert or pocket method involves removing the window sashes and sliding tracks, then inserting a new window into the frame.
- Full-frame replacement removes the old window entirely, revealing the rough opening of the wall and allowing for inspection for insect infestations or water damage.
- Fiberglass is often the most expensive window material, followed by wood.
- Vinyl windows are less expensive and more effective when it comes to energy efficiency, which will save you money over time. Vinyl also offers a return on investment that is comparable or better than wood.
The size of the windows you choose will be a great influence on pricing. Double-hung styled windows will usually be more affordable than large, specialty shapes and custom configurations.
Replacing your windows with dual or triple pane glass requires a higher initial investment that standard insulated glass. However, it does offer greater energy savings over the long term.
Extra installation and disposal fees can increase the cost of your replacement windows. Be sure these are included in the final quote. Ask about charges for additional services such as replacing rotted wood, exterior clean-up and painting.
Custom framing colors, special hardware finishes, blinds between the glass, and premium screens all add to the cost of windows.
To learn more about our wide selection of window replacement options, call Broadview Windows today at
(614) 319.4599. You may also use our contact form to schedule a free in-home consultation. We are based in Powell, OH and we serve all areas of Central, Ohio.